Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

fractal antenna for cellular phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_kolkata

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fractal antenna papers

hi,

is it possible to use fractal antennas to design multi(triple)band antenna for handheld cellular phones, in the GSM 850,900 and 1800 bands??

abhi

ya definitely

make it working at 850,900(broadband)

and at otherfrequency of 1800MHz and u would get it

there be lot many papers related to it

Certainly YES. I made it working at 900 MHz, 1600 MHz & 2400 MHz. In particular, you can go for sierpinski carpet(square) fractal printed on a patch. Sierpinski gasket (triangle) design is not so trivial to get the bands that are closely spaced.

hi,

now, as i know that it is possible to use fractal geometries for cellular handheld multiband antenna design,i would like to try out some actual designma(on IE3d probably).and it'll be very much helpful if anybody send me some of the papers (possibly dealing with the gsm bands)so as to get some initial idea of the design procedure and design the constraints.

my email id: abhi_8051@yahoo.co.in

thanks

abhi

You can use fractal planar antennas. But the problem is may be the whole antenna size that can be a little bit big regarding the fact that handset are getting smaller nowadays.

HI arunkumar and all,

Did anyone actually fabricated a fractal antenna ?

a) Could you tell us what are the advantages and disadvantages of this kind of antenna ?

b) Is it a good receive-antenna ?

Thank you.

I wish somebody can post some referenced paper,i'm work in such field, i wanna realize the performance of these antenna. thanks in advance

Fractal Antenna performance:

Hope that helps.

has any one any hfss of any fractal antenna?

I've been working on wire fractals, small koch monopole etc. and I couldn't find a way to have a wideband design using wire shapes. anyone has an idea?? i don't want to go through patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back