Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Unreachable SMD pad in layer 1 (top)" error in Ea

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie2005

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
unreachable smd-pad

Hello..

I'm a complete newbie to PCB design..first time i'm designing one using Eagle.. (so pls bear my silly/obvious questions)... I'm making a single layer PCB using a max232 and need to connect the pins to a DB9 Female connector which is going to be soldered onto the board (is that the one called direct mount ?? )

When i try Autoroute the board it says "Unreachable SMD pad in layer 1 (top)" what does this mean ?? do i have to manually route then ? When I do that the tracks come red in clour, does that mean I need another layer ?? and how can i make sure that they are actually connecting to those pins on the DB9 ?

Also I just want to confirm the way the connector is placed.. the red/blue/pink parts has to be towards the outer side.. this is where a male db9 will connect ?? or did I place the connector wrong, is the side that is labelled F09D the one where a DB9 male connector will go ? I've attached the project with the post.

ANY help will be Appreciated.. Thanks alot !

unreachable smd pad

Hello again..

I made my final PCB.. It seems like i was getting confused, the red/pink/blue parts are the connections.. seems like using this direct mount DB9 connector doesnt allow single layer PCB ??? does any one know about this..

Also how come i dont see any holes for where the DB9 connector goes ?? and does the placement of the connector look right ?? can anyone pls tell me.. Thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back