Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

So small a resistor between core supply voltage pin and GND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shishiker

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello!
I have a dsp system in my circuit
When I check whether tms320c6713's core supply voltage(CVDD) pin is short to GND with multimeter, I find that the equivalent resistor between them is just 39 ohm or 42 ohm. I have just solder DSP and the power manager TPS54312.

So small a resister between core supply voltage pin and GND, is it correct?

Thanks!

Re: So small a resistor between core supply voltage pin and

Measuring Vcc/Vdd against GND with a multimiter can produce some "funny" readings ..
At this stage I wouldn't worry about these figures ..
Different story would be if you read resitances close to 0Ω or infinity (nothing at all).
If you have tantalum/electolytic capacitors in this circuit double-check their polarities ..

Regards,
IanP

shishiker

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

I see

Thanks!

Hello, IanP

Then I have another question
Now I have soldered DSP, FPGA and their power supply managers.
The total current consumed is 104mA, is it correct?

Sometime I've check other one's DSP+FPGA system, the current is just about 20mA when no program running.

Why this current is so high?

104mA may be normal. Refer to the data sheets of all your chips to find their typical current in "standby" state, or whatever state you are running them right now. Don't forget to include terminator resistors or other passive devices that eat power. Add up the numbers to see if it's close to 104mA.

shishiker

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back