Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for Racal Dana 9087 service manual ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
racal-dana 1998 manual

someone who owns a 9087 and has a few hand-drawn copies (no
pdf's) of some of the internal RF modules is to send them to me by the
end of the month ...
hope this could help someone ...
Patrick

racal dana 10mhz

giorgia said:
I've found the sealed module called 11-1534 "reference generator and LF synthesizer module broken.

I have just looked at:
- the oven oscillator -> ok
- the switch -> ok

On the other hand under all electrolytic capacitors there are suspect traces
and the terminal voltages are suspects (C71)

Bye,
Jean-Louis

racal 9300b

Join oscillogram from C71.

dana 30 service manual

Hello!
I'm a new member of the "Racal Dana Error 80 Club".
I try very hard to find a service manual before I dissect this "boat anchor" ;-)

I would appreciate very much every tip about how and where I can find a manual!

By the way - I've even had error 82 - what is this?

Thanks!
/Lennart

reference 10mhz racal dana

swesch said:

"Comb loop out-of-lock"

I have online at : https://www.on4jln.be/infos/manuals.shtml
the start of a "service manual" I add pages as soon as I have a little time.
(The diagrams must be printed because the screen resolution is bad.)

Remove top panel and look attentively at the foot of the electrolytic capacitors.
I join a photography of a condenser in the generator of reference...

dana timer module manual

A look in interior of the module 11-1534
"Reference Generator anf LF Synthesizer"

racal-dana function generator

Photos of other modules.

adret 7200a service manual

swesch said:
Hello!
I'm a new member of the "Racal Dana Error 80 Club".
I try very hard to find a service manual before I dissect this "boat anchor" ;-)

I would appreciate very much every tip about how and where I can find a manual!

Thanks!
/Lennart

Hello folks, sorry for my long silence , but i had been very busy.
I'm scanning the full maintenence manual and it will be available soon.

Error 82 seem to be a " comb loop error
attached you can find some pages that i have scanned
in the hope it will help you to fix the error 82
regards
Giorgia

adret instrument 7200a price

giorgia said:
Hello folks, sorry for my long silence , but i had been very busy.

Can you look at if you have the same problem as me
(leak at electrolytic capacitor)?

Thanks.

adret 7200a schematics

has anyone got a working link for the manual ...
the above link doesn't work ...

racal dana 9917 schematic

Hello people!

About manual download , still can not do it.I think there is a problem with ON4JLN server, i am not shure but....!

About "error80" it self, i made some several tests and i`ve reached three conclusions:
1º- if you link EXT 10Mhz with INT 10Mhz and select EXT ,the "error80" disapears but the frequency has a drift.
2º- if apply really 10.00000Mhz in EXT in, you have no "error80" and no drift.
So, after inspect 5Mhz LO, locate inside/above INT/EXT 10Mhz bnc`s, i found a leakage in the adjust trimmer,that make 5.00954321Mhz output(maybe because over and over calibrations???).After replace the trimmer(ceramic and precision) its possible again to adjust the 5Mhz LO to 5.000000Mhz and we have now the RACAL DANA 9087 LIKE NEW.

Any confirmations of this diagnostic would apriciate to the mail jb2556@tugamail.com

racal 9087 eprom copy

Hello guys,

May I join the "club" ?

First of all, I like very much the way all of you exchange information on this file.
Second, I strongly considere the possibility to buy one 9087. I already downloaded the manual.
Third, I already know the challenge I will have to face, If, as everybody, I got one with "error 80".
I bet those without this "80 error" are certainly going to a higher price than I can afford.
So chances are that I will be soon member of the "80 error club" ;-)

Any comment appreciated, specialy before I buy one.
Regards to all of you.

racal dana 9087 acheter

Hello, new member!

Before your Racal 9087 purchase consider the folowing...
Your eletronics pratice is enought for understanding the last`s post´s in this topic´s ?
If yes, you may adquire one at your responsability.
About "error80" i am avaiable to help you,if you need.

Say something about,ok?
Best regards

bama.edebris.com

Thanks for your reply "error80".

Do not worry. I have spent more than 15 years as a maintenance technicien , then as an engineer ( will NEVER know how to spell "engineer" !!! hope I am right this time !!! ( I am French, from France )).
Then it has become my hobby and I never quitted it.
So by now, it should be around 36 years I am playing with scopes, generators and the like, mostly "for the fun / understand : only for "pleasure".

I had also some "beautiful" own buid systems with microproc. mostly under BASIC.
i.e. I built entierely myself my home security alarm around a microproc. and it is running gliches free from five years now.
I mean : I designed it, not just copied some schematic ...

Best regards from France, Gérard

racal dana 9300b manual

Hello From OZ1LPR
I have 2 of those units that I used 300hours on repairing. I had 18 faults in them. So I know alot about the "black boxes". I will be happy to help if I can.

First of all before attempting any repair make extensioncables. This is to be able to drive the black boxes outside the generator.

Most of my failures was due to Electrolytic capacitor acid that came out of the capacitors. This was present in the Voltage controlled Coscillators (VCO). This electric conductive acid made the VCO drift of the range where it could be phase locked. The best cure is change the capacitors if leaking and clean with Alcohol.

I did also have some problems with thansistors named BFR91 and BFR96. I do not know why but mine maybe suffered from exessive voltage as I found some Cmos Gates to be bad as well.

I can tell having a Spectrum analyzer and a good counter is nessesary. Lock the generator to the Counters Ref. Then all counts should be stable and end 0 if the loops are examined.

I just repaired a HP8660C with a 2600MHz module inside. This unit had problems locking as well.

I will be happy to try to hrlp bringing those babies alive again. You will not get a better signal generator mine is in use alot.

Be sure when repaired to turn on once a week or more to keep is alive.

For pictures of my equipment go to https://www.oz1lpr.dk

73 and gl repairing Peter Hansen

Will check in here again :O)

racal rf switch users manual

Thank you Peter for answering my request and for joinning the "club", and sharing your knownledge !!

I hope that ALL of us ( I mean all the people of this forum ) will be able to bring back to life their 9087.

Thanks again !

Gerardcjat

racal dana service manual

Hello Again forgot in previous post

Be aware all powersupplies must be accurate and adjusted before attempting any repair. All the voltages is used in the phase locked loops. And they can be the reason why the problems are there in the first place

best regards Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back