Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to Do system level simulations ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amic

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I never worked on top down methodology. I am curious as to how exactly specs of an op amp can be decided based on a system containing that op amp.

Anybody has got any clue ?

Is system level simulations available in cadence ADE or Agilent ADS or Do I need matlab/systemview for that ?

Verilog-A or Matlab Simulinkare good for system level simulations.

Yes, Verilog-A and matlab-simulink are very good tools to run top simulation, but If using Matlab simulink to run system simulation, I think how to model an accuarcy amp is a big problem.
Why not embed the amp into the system and run top-leval simulation directly?

Bg,

analoger said:

philipwang said:
Yes, Verilog-A and matlab-simulink are very good tools to run top simulation, but If using Matlab simulink to run system simulation, I think how to model an accuarcy amp is a big problem.
Why not embed the amp into the system and run top-leval simulation directly?

Bg,

analoger said:

Before working on the block of ADC ,system simulation should be done ,right?
During the simulation,each block's spec will be generated ,is that right?
Thanks.

There are some books or papers discuss on Matlab usage on analog circuit design and related modeling for circuit element such as opamp etc.
You can search this board and will find out these materials.

I would try VHDL-AMS or Verilog-AMS; they both have the big advantage when dealing with top-down design that you can start from a high-level behavioral description down to transistor level simulation in the same application (AdvanceMS from Mentor, Smash, SystemVision, Simplorer)...

You can even mix different levels of abstraction: e.g. your Opamp at transistor level and your ADC at the behavioral level...

See document attached for an example.

I meet the same question

I don't know how to do the systems level design

PLZ ,someone can present some simple example

i also have the same problem ,please give me some example about verilog-a ,thanks

Yes, we can do in matlab, but i never did it. i am interested in knowing it.

maybe you can try ADS for the system simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.