Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Negative artwork problem in Allegro 15.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

amjad

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
In Allegro 15.2, if plane is set as negative in design, how to generate artwork as negative plane? Selecting negative option while generating artwork creates gerbers.
But, the data comes as 3 splitted layers if imported in cam. Converting this to composite layer doesn't provide correct data. Same problem exists if in design plane is made as positive and artwork is to be taken as negative. How to solve this problem? Any suggestions please.

Friend,

yes..this is a problem faced by many while generating negative artwork layers in 274X format (600x in Allegro). Because of the problems with the IPOS and INEG commands, I guess, the negative plane layers are created as 3 separate composite layers. The best bet to overcome this problem is to generate the artwork in RS-274D format and provide the aperture files to the pcb manufacturer, along with the gerber data.Another bet is generate the artwork in ODB++ format.

Due to the advancements in the CAM technologies, CAM350 and VALOR should be able to read the composite layers i.e. the neagtive plane layers properly without any error. Hope this helps.

Indeed that's the case pvskt,

When creating Gerbers artwork setup should be RS274X which has embeded appertures. Also presicion should be boosted by 1 digit in order to get a proper artwork layer.
When generating RS274X of negative layer only one layer is generated.

Regards,

Majnoon

I've only seen the composite "problem" (not actually a problem if your pcb shop has software that conforms to the last RS274X spec), on positive dynamic shapes not on full negative planes - I haven't tried it but there may be a way around this by defining Vector vs. Raster fill, but if I recall that may give you an error on output.

SiGiNT

Best option is to use ODB++ in a single click (gerber data ready)
One Import thing before sending data for mfg..
while creating the ODB++ data base switch of eda data process. it creates detials about ur signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back