Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can measure a three phase voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluethunder7000

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all

I need to know how can i make the following thing in microcontroller

- measure voltage of three phase and what the precautions should i take into cosideration

-make a phase sequence betwee three phases

-make phase unbalace for three phases

if anyone can help me i wil appreciate this help

thanks

To be honest you are asking a lot 3 phase supply very dangerous 415V (well between an earth/neterual you will get 220v-250v which depends what country your in) Dont get me wrong it can be done you need to find some way of reducing the voltage to 5V
Have you tried doing a search in google

MAINS IS VERY DANGEROUS not as if you don't already know this

wizpic

Get 3 transformers and connect them between a phase and neutral; in this case transformers will be rated for standard mains voltage, which is ≈230V ..
For each channel you will need a zero-crossing detector for phase measurement, and a peak detector for voltage measurement ..
Outputs from zero-crossing detectors can be fed directly to a microcontroller ..
Outputs from peak detectors have to be A/D converted, so you can use a microcontroller with build-in ADC ..
Examples of zero-crossing and peak detectors are below ..
Rest is just software .. but as you haven't indicated type of microcontroller, there is no point of elaborating on the software side of this project ..
Regards,
IanP

Dear IanP

I use a voltage divider resistors to get Max 5Vac from 220Vac to i feed the A/D converter of the Microcontroller ( I use Motorola Series ) and by software i can detect the zero-crossing point if it is positive or negative

About the hardware i built every thing but i asked about the software , how can i achive the point that i need

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back