Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me design a d-PHEMT LNA for 5 GHz band

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouchy

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to design d-PHEMT LNA for 5GHz band. can someone help me please?

Thanks

Re: LNA

Hi, can you specify more exactly what you need help with?
If you are completely new to LNA design I suggest you start to read about LNAs in a few books. But some of the important steps is to match the LNA for optimal noise or gain, or somewhere between optimum noise and gain. Usually the input is matched for noise and the output for maximum gain. The smith chart is very handy in this case, where you can plot gain and noise circles for example.
The different alternatives of the matching networks should be tested to see what combinations that give you the best performance(for example series L shunt C or series C shunt L and soo on)

best regards
Joakim.

bouchy

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

frist see what are the specs of the amp
then search for the transistor that fits with u

get the parameters and the simulation models of the tarnsistor
get some applicstion notes describe how to design such an amp

and so on

visit
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

khouly

bouchy

Go home, read one of the microwave amplifier design books like Gonzalez and Vendelin, design your circuit and then simulate and optimize your circuit by a microwave software like Microwave Office, ADS and Serenade. Think and think, try and try.[/b]

Hello,

Go through the following upload very good one...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Following are the good documents on LNA design using RF CAD tool (Microwave Office)
1. 17GHz and 24GHz LNA Designs based on Extended S-parameter with Microstrip-on-Die
in 0.18µm Logic CMOS Technology paper (PDF) by Intel Research & Development

h**p://www.appwave.com/src/news/articles/AR0307.pdf

2.Broadband_RF_LNA.pdf

3. Designing a Low-Noise Amplifier with VoltaireLS (LNA_Appnote.pdf) by Maas
and
4. h**p://web.syr.edu/~nkkunder/Nisha%20Projects/LNA.pdf
h**p://web.syr.edu/~hssavci/myweb/Amplifier.pdf
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bouchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back