Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i simulate the phase margin of this bandgap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie_1

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bandgap phase margin

how can i setup and do the ac simulation?

thanks

add large idea inductor in the loop(such as A and B), and add a small signal at it, then simulate the PM

why the small signal is added to the output of O.P.AMP ? not the input of it?

first, create the open loop.
second, simulation phase margin

Hi,

In the loop, no matter which point u break to find the open loop gain, you will be getting the same gain and PM. The method shown to measure the PM is called the "Middlrbrook". The AC is actually given at the input of the gate (high input impedance) while the output is measured the the output of opamp (low output impedance)

Suria3.

Try " stability" simulation in spectre.

To cliffj

How to simulate stability in spectre?

I have tried for Inductor for stability analysis of Bandgap, but it didn't work for me.
We need to pick very large value of indictor (100 kilo henery) or so..
I am attaching the other testbench and hopefully it should work. For Phase Margin the difference of PM at point A to point B will be PM of bandgap.
The AC sources are out of phase to each other.

Any comments on the fundamentals is highly appreciated.

thanks

hi bsrivastava,
your setup seems right,
btw, how can you setup to do the noise simulation of the bandgap? eg, i wanna simulate the equivalent output noise,
thx

hi arsenal,
If I am getting your question correctly, is it PSRR?

If so I will connect AC noise source to Vcc, Vss separately and then 0.5 V AC to Vcc and Vss but out of phase so that the Vcc-Vss should be 1.0V AC.

Let me know if I answered your question.

thanx

hi bsrivastava,
i just wanna simulate the equivalent output thermal and flicker noise,
thx

newbie_1

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back