Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Behavioral models of Analog Blocks in Spectre - AMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

moisiad

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I am using both Spectre and AMS simulators. In order to run some fast simulations in large systems (e.g. PLL) i want to import some behavioral descriptions of basic circuits (PFD, Freq. divider).

As far as i know there are several "languages" in describing analog circuits (VerilogA, VerilogAMS, SpectreHDL). Can you please inform me for the following items:
1) Which of them are compatible with the above mentioned simulators?
2) Is there any tool to generate a behavioral description from schematic, or do i have to write the code?
3) Is is easy to modify a given behavioral description to an other (are there any tools) or it is done by hand.

Thanks

1. sepctre support all
2. you can write the code or
the lib ahdl include many example

There is a good sample uder the cadence installation directory/tools/dfII/rfLib, you can read the SpectreRF user guide first. This user guide discuss how to use Spectre/SpectreRF to simulate RF circuit and system in detail, there is also an example for behavioral simulation for PLL, with Verilog Language. I think you'd better refer to this first.

You can visit the following site https://www.designers-guide.org/VerilogAMS/. You'll find documentation, exemples, theorical articles.
BTW, I'm not sure but I think VerilogAMS needs a special licence, different from the Spectre licence. You should check it.
There is also a model generator in Cadence, but I never used it. I think it helps you get your code right.

Does Cadence support VHDL-AMS?

U also can use the verilog-A and verilog-AMS BUT u have to write the code, or u can use the pcell od generating the codes.

VHDL-AMS for AMS Designer is planned but not released

plllib in cadence has some examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back