Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about the comb structure in layout---which end is safer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunjiao3

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, friends.
I encoutner a new problem in layout. It is about the comb structure in mos transistor. In mos transistors with multi-finger, the connection of drift ends and source ends is like a comb, something like
' | | |
| | |
|___|__|

Usually, we choose to connect from the "back" of the comb. But, why? What will happen if we choose to connect from the "teeth" of the comb? Someone said," If you always insist on connecting from the back, you will have few choice and encounter big problems in routing."
So, could you please clarify to me the mechanism in this "comb" connection and telll me, if there do be a problem, how serious it will be. If I encounter rounting difficullties, does it worth me to choose to routing from the "teeth" rather than the "back"?
Thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back