Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use 100Mhz oscillator output to get audio sound on FM radio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

halt

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have a little oscillator that outputs 100 mhz, so how can i do to mix an audio sound to that frequency for listen to it on a simple FM radio ?
thanks

Re: 100Mhz oscillator

I assume you mean for reception on an FM radio. You need to vary the frequency of the 100 MHz oscillator in proportion to the audio signal. If there is a voltage control for frequency tuning, you can tune the oscillator with that. It is possible to also tune the oscillator (in a much more crude fashion) by AC coupling the audio signal onto the oscillator power supply pin. For instance, put a 47 ohm resistor between the oscillator Vcc pin and the supply, then put a 1 uF series cap between the oscillator Vcc and your audio source.

You may have to vary the audio level to keep it from distorting in the radio. And, I assume that you are not using a crystal 100 MHz oscillator, which will not tune enough no matter what you do to it.

halt

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
100Mhz oscillator

thanks guys for help, the problem is that is a crystal 100 Mhz oscillator so as a solution i will take a VCO from an old VHF VCR/TV tuner and i will inject audio signal to the VT pin

Re: 100Mhz oscillator

You could try an armstrong modulator with the crystal:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back