Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Re: DB9 to DB25 for PIC Programmer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jzaghal

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
db9 to db25 schematic

Hi,

I need the schematic or layout to make the cable for
the pic programmer.

Thanks.

db9 programmer

You should specify which programmer you are using. There are a lot on the market, so be a little bit more concrete.

Mik

propic2 db25

Hi,

In need of the DB9 to DB25 for the propic.

Thanks.

pic programmer using db25

Just use a 25 to 9 pin standard serialport adapter. I use a jdm programer that has a 9 pin connector that plugs straite in to a 9 pin serial port ( on a 1 to 1 9 pin exstention lead). At home my PC has a 25 pin serial port and i purchased a 9-25 pin adapter from Maplin.
Do not get confused with the type of adapter you would use for a serial port modem as these have a diferant pin assinment.

Barrybear

db25 db9 adapter pic programmer

You can do it youself, without buying from Maplin. It is very easy. This is full RS232 cabel (CD,DSR,CTS,RTS,TX,RX,DTR).

regards
meax98

db25 db9 adapter jdm programmer

isn't it the db25-db9 connector/cable for propic2 uses a different connection from that of a standard db25-db9 serial cable?

propic2 pin

Hi,
Be careful propic2 work on LPT port, not on the serial!!

CD:)

parallel to serial db9 adapter schematic

Yes, ProPIC II is a parallel interface, not serial. A serial 9-25 adapter probably won't work!

If you have the schematic from the ProPIC website (**broken link removed**) the pin numbers for both plug sizes are marked on it. That's what I followed.

These are the connections you need to make between the 9 and 25:

Name >> 9-pin(ProPIC) >> 25-pin(PC)
d0 >> 1 >> 2
d1 >> 2 >> 3
d2 >> 3 >> 4
d3 >> 4 >> 5
d4 >> 5 >> 6
d5 >> 6 >> 7
Ack >> 7 >> 10
Clk >> 8 >> 8
Gnd >> 9 >> (18 to 25)

To explain, pin 1 on the ProPIC connector should be wired to pin 2 on the 25-way plug, etc. Pin 9 on the ProPIC connector (Ground) should be wired to any or all of pins 18 to 25.

Make sure you are wiring to the right pins - the pin numbers are usually marked on good quality D-connectors, they are numbered on male/female so that pin 1 always mates with pin 1, etc.

Cheers,
FoxyRick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back