Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

generate programming file - failed timing constraint

Status
Not open for further replies.

circuit

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I bought a Analog devices board with xilinx fpga which is a deserialzer, used with their A/D eval boards And they gave me the code on the fpga as well. It had 3 modules and one UCF file, .npl file ( along with the .bit and .mcs file which were loaded) Now I opened this project in ISE 7.1 and it told me that it automatically converts the npl to ise format with this new version. I just did a very crude test after I opened the project( it contained the 3 modules and the ucf file) I hit "Generate programming file" and it generated the .bit file but I found there are 4 failed constraints ?

*TS_ADI_Clocking_inst_rxclkdcm_p=PERIODTIMEGRP"ADI_Clocking_inst_rxclkdcm_p" TS_dco_p PHASE 0.465 ns HIGH 50% 2.380ns 2.514ns 1

*TS_ADI_Clocking_inst_rxclkdcm_n=PERIODTIMEGRP "ADI_Clocking_inst_rxclkdcm_n" TS_dco_p PHASE 1.656 ns HIGH 50% 2.380ns 2.454ns 1

*OFFSET = IN 0 ns VALID 1.19 ns BEFORE COMP "dco_p" 0.000ns 1.500ns 3

*TIMEGRP "negedge_input_pads" OFFSET = IN-1.19 ns VALID 1.19 ns BEFORE COMP "dco_p" TIMEGRP rxclk_n_grp -1.190ns 0.051ns 3

What does this mean in general...I am kinda new and am just trying to learn what goes on that chip and how its done. I am trying to write a testbench and see the simulation in varios stages. so can anybody give me like a short how/what-to-do on this ? thanks much

Try examining the detailed timing report. In Project Navigator click:
-> Implement Design
-> Place & Route
-> Generate Post-Place & Route Static Timing Report
-> Text-based Post-Place & Route Static Timing Report
or
-> Post-Place & Route Static Timing Report
or
-> Analyze Post-Place & Route Static Timing (Timing Analyzer)

That should give you details of the worst offenders. A good starting place.

Is that Analog Devices project available for download somewhere?

thanks ! I am having a look at the timing report and the timing analyzer.
No its not available for download but they had sent me all the files so that I could modify them. I could email you the files. thanks again !

Try examining the detailed timing report. In Project Navigator click:
-> Implement Design
-> Place & Route
-> Generate Post-Place & Route Static Timing Report
-> Text-based Post-Place & Route Static Timing Report
or
-> Post-Place & Route Static Timing Report
or
-> Analyze Post-Place & Route Static Timing (Timing Analyzer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back