Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Visual Basic And USB !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

metal

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
visual basic usb

Hello All

In the early days of studying in university, I thought that controlling the parallel port in the PC is something impossible, till I found IO.DLL, INPOUT32.DLL, etc...

Now all of us are cabale of controlling either the parallel or the serial ports.

Ok, thats nice....

What about USB controlling, Is there anyway I can use a DLL, OCX, VCX file to do the same as I did with LPT and Com ports and Visual Basic, or Visual Basic.NET.

I need to send and receive data between a PIC nad the PC's USB port, I don't wanna use an extra controllers here, as the PIC already got the necessary hardware and software, I am not thinking about easyhid from mecaniques too.

Kind day

usb visual basic

Parallel/serial ports are non-PnP interfaces. All you have to do is to write to the relevant registers. But USB is a whole more complicated. For USB devices that were designed to support a specific device class (eg HID, Mass Storage), the drivers may come available with windows, and minimal (or even no) work has to be done on the driver side. Otherwise, you would need to write a usb driver for your device.

Once the driver is available, applications communicate with drivers indirectly through win32 calls.

metal

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
usb vb

Hello

So, what can I do...

I want to use Visual Basic 6.0 t control USB port. How can I do that...

hid.dll vb6

As I said, it all depends on how you design your USB device. The easiest way is to use usb-to-serial convertors, as drivers are provided by vendors. The next easiest is to use common device classes like HID, Mass Storage or CDC. This approach would make device side firmware more complicated, but will keep driver development minimal. The hardest approach is for a full custom usb device. Device side firmware is slightly simpler, but you need to develop a full usb driver for it.

hid.dll vb

Hello

Hey, please, I was asking for a dll, vcx, ocx files that can be used with VB 6.0 to send and receive data from a USB port in the PC and PIC microcontroller.

Please if you don't have a practical answer for what I want, do NOT reply....As I see, all you are just doing is collecting points.

vb hid.dll

If you want a practical answer, it's none, with the current level of detail you have provided. If I was just spouting nonsense, then it's up for the rest to judge so. I've already mentioned it depends a lot on how you design your usb device and you insist on a one-size-fits-all solution, as though anything can be solved via a simple dll. And for your info, I've never cared for points/posts/helps. I've probably donated more than I can remember, and don't think I have any need for so many of them. If you are short, feel free to request some from me. Anyway, it seems that my advice is unwelcome here, so best of luck finding your dll/whatever.

vb6 usb ocx

USB is application-targeted port, there's no universal ocx or dll for controlling the IO device through USB while maintaining its standard speed of data transfer.

The Modem with USB inteface must have its own driver.

I think Checkmate is right in this case. You are wasting time to search for universal ocx or dll for USB port.

But there's still one way to do so but it limits the speed of USB data transfer, it's VIRTUAL COM. If you config a USB as a virtual Com, the maximum speed is about 5 times as Actual Com does. You can use Port.dll to access USB port!

usb communication visual basic

Hello semi

Thanks for the explaination, and sorry checkmate for being rude, I am so sorry.

Ok, semi, I am not so hungry for the speed, how can I do what you were talking about.

Thanks

visual basic usb port

This reply is not intend to guide you how to config Virtual COM port, it's just to clarify what I said before.

In order to creat Virtual COM, you need a file whose tasks are compiling RS-232 commands (virtual) to USB commands (Real). The problem is that, where is this file???

You can try a search over google with "Virtual COM Port" Driver to search for free driver.

This freeware I uploaded here maybe useful to you or not. It's up to you but you can try without any charge :D

I'll return to this thread latter

metal

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
visual basic usb dll

i need a registered copy of ImageEnXLibrary.ocx >>>please anyone help!!!!!!

using usb in vb

Hi ,
If you are using USB for just controling and getting small amount of information from the outside world ,then you could use
hid.dll
Try it , there's an example of using HID.dll in VB done by cypress you can check on their website

Salam
Hossam Alzomor

hid.dll vb.net

there are API for USB communication, but you'll need the windows DDK and i dont know the DLL filename or if you can use them from VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back