Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about RF system on a chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamez

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
8O Hi anybody,

Please give me some information about RF system on a chip.
thax.

Hi

Will you be more specific about the requirement?

Atmel has a new Reference Design for their RF Chip. Below is from their News release that I received 2 days back.

New Reference Design for AT86RF211. A new reference design for the AT86RF211 wireless data transceiver is now available. This is a tri-band board: 433, 868 and 915 MHz design, with a single Printed Circuit Board and an adjustable antenna! This makes it possible to build a unique RF platform for many applications worldwide, using the license-free ISM radio spectrum. More than ever, this is an attractive alternative to crowded 2.45 GHz solutions: easy-to-use, 64 Kbits/s, robust and very low cost (BOM = $0.50)! Gerber files are available upon request smartRF@gfo.atmel.com.

please try cc1000 is a transceiver on smd chip

jimbies said:
Atmel has a new Reference Design for their RF Chip. Below is from their News release that I received 2 days back.

New Reference Design for AT86RF211. A new reference design for the AT86RF211 wireless data transceiver is now available. This is a tri-band board: 433, 868 and 915 MHz design, with a single Printed Circuit Board and an adjustable antenna! This makes it possible to build a unique RF platform for many applications worldwide, using the license-free ISM radio spectrum. More than ever, this is an attractive alternative to crowded 2.45 GHz solutions: easy-to-use, 64 Kbits/s, robust and very low cost (BOM = $0.50)! Gerber files are available upon request smartRF@gfo.atmel.com.

How much it cost?
I am afraid it will be too expensive for a RFID tag. Is ther any other cheaper solution on 433.92Mhz?

How much about the AT86RF211?
I am afraid it will be too expensive for a RFID Tag. Is there any other cheaper solution for 433.92Mhz

:roll:

Kripton2035 said:
microchip have such chips, called "rfpic", look at their datasheets.

I am afraid also that the RFID tag working on 13.65Mhz from rfPIC will have a reading distance not up to 2 meters near the metal.

anyone
please share circuit design from rfpic.

thank you very much

HeiFelix:
The rfPIC is not intended to use as a RFID tag, he also doesn't work at 13.56MHz.

rfPIC is working at 315/433 MHz dependend on the used crystal, F=32xCrystal.

The AT86RF211 is in quantities below 1k ~ 4,50EUR ~ 5$.

Normally I use the CC1000 for robust RF communication, the complete BOM will cost you less then 5,00Euro in low! quantities!!!
I've build a long range "RFID" system on 868MHz, you can get a very low current consumption. Next project will be with a different chip and the half current.
:idea:

Hi at86rf211s unit price is 2.5usd in large quantity.
I need help
I use the Atmel at86rf211s in my target board.It damaged by static twice.Anybody has the same problem?Any problem about this chip when you using it? jjohnnieboy

Hi Alls,
Please see this cool RF Transceiver IC: CC1110 from Chipcon, 315/433/868/915 MHz RADIO TRANSCEIVER, SINGLE-CYCLE 8051 MCU AND 32 kB FLASH MEMORY – ALL IN ONE CHIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.