Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Low power constraint: selectn of energy metering IC ADE7758

Status
Not open for further replies.

suryakant

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I m designing one system for energy metering. I would have chosen ADE7758 IC from Analog Devices by looking at its features.
But mine is a low power design in which I can provide upto 8mA for Metering IC and if we see datasheet of ADE7758 IC, maximum digital supply current(13mA) plus analog supply current(8mA) is 21mA. And thats killing me!

In design I must consider worst case. So anybody knows low power IC which has similar functionality. or similar functionality IC which has option to shutdown various sections of the IC (e.g power measurement section) thro' software for reducing power.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Suryakant.

Re: Low power constraint: selectn of energy metering IC ADE7

Currently, I know the following ic-Energy Meters manufactures:
SAMES:
Microchip:
ST:

If You are interested in single phase meters, You can design Your own basead in microcontrollers with "special" features like MSP430E series (look more in www.ti.com)

Gorkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back