Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

water level for boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

garg29

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi freinds
i want to make a water level controller for boiler containg hot water
using uC 89c51 . it should be capable of measuring the level when the boiler is
working

waiting for reply
with best regards
amit

dear that is very easy to check th water level of even boiling water.
if u want to check only one level (hi level only). that is more easy.
all you have to do is use 2 stainless steel rods (about 2 to 5 mm thick).
fix these on your required water level inside the boiler. don't make it short circuit by fixing it on any conductor cover or cap.
then connect 2 wire with both rods and connet the wires to a circuit having one transistor's base (make a common emmitor circuit. if u don't know about it tell me then i will send u the circuit diagram).
now when water level reaches to the ends of rods, transistor will tell you by making its collector low and you can do what ever you need.

bye

Thanks for replying. i know that method but the problem that would cause is of "Salt" formation on the probes. Even if a give a oscillating signal that would also produce salts on the rods cause of boiling water (which would be most probably Hard water)...I hope if you can suggest me some better method. Thanks once again.

h**p://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/sensor3.htm
fluid Detector
Best reguad

thanks but dear this method is not feasible...cause the salts get deposited on the rod and the circuit stops working

What you need is a non-contact water level sensor, try to search for ultrasonic water level sensors.

i thought about that but can u tell me how can i install the ultrasonic sensor around or inside boiler and also how to prevent it from high temperature and high pressure ....

I think there are ultrasonic sensors designed for this application, be it high temp or low temperature environments.

Search google for companies selling the said sensors.

that will be too costly i want to make my circuit in a very feasible rate...is there not any other method to do this .... which is also cost effective

I know its a 6 year back thread now but Just curious to know what or did Garg29 suceeded to get any solution for this querry of his? Shall i expect garg29 to reply if he is still watching this topic.

Hi pranam77,

I made this several time, and this is working in industrial conditions without problem.

Whole idea is to put alternate current via water. In this case water is conductor, but alternate current kill electrolysis effect.

I use transformer 220VAC/12VAC, one secondary pin connect to one ~ graetz pin, another secondary pin connect to another ~ graetz pin via water (two wire are level senzors).
+ and - from graetz connect via resistor to diode in optocoupler. On transistor side of optocoupler you will get some trapezoidal signal when water touching both wires, in other case signal is 0.

Only trick is that current via water has to be around 1mA (in that case electrolysis effect is 0).

Hope this helps.

Mr.Cube

the best way for non contact type is a pressure transducer... there are many types from freescale

Reactions: kender

kender

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back