Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

test pattern vs. test vector

Status
Not open for further replies.

qjlsy

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the difference between test pattern definition and test vector definition?

Thanks a lot!

I have heard different people use these terms differently. Some people say a test vector is a single test cycle, and a test pattern is a collection of test vectors, but I have heard others that use test pattern and test vector as if they were the same.

One a tester, you would see 'a vector number' in a test file, so I guess tester people will tell you that a test vector is a single test cycle.

When there is an ambiguity, I usually use 'single vector' or 'test vector set' instead of vector or pattern.

I think the test pattern and test vector are same. that is two different defination for the same things.

I can't distinguish from the two.
I use them with no difference.

Hi ,
what i think is test vector is what we feed in to test which is subset of test pattern,
test pattern also contains expected output for that test vector

Test pattern is a DFT concept. While test vector is a Verification one.

test pattern is used in the test field, such test engineer, test machine or the post enginner, It was from the old GDSII time.
Test vector is popped in the verification area. It was rpovide by the verification enginner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back