Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Li-Ion Solar Panel Battery Charger...

Status
Not open for further replies.

moesciphish

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lm2623 solar

I know this has been asked before.. but I never saw schematics or a follow up as to how it came out on some of the projects. So I was wondering how to go about making a solar panel battery charger for say a parallel of four 3.6-3.7 volt lithium ions. I know some say a microcontroller should be used, some not.... any ideas?

ok sorry.. let me be a little more specific on my needs.. I have something that will sit out a couple of days left alone, it will run at night off 4 parallel 3.7 volt Li-Ions. I need to have those Li-ions recharged, not necessarily to full capacity but any little bit helps, during the day hours when the device will be turned off and not drain any battery power. I'm not necessarily looking for this thing to be left out indefinitely and have it be able to recharge fully everyday, but I would like something that would help extend battery usage by adding a little charge during the daylight.

Thanks!

Here you have two options:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
Instead of using external power you can employ dc=dc step-up IC such as the LM2623 (**broken link removed**)
The input voltage (from solar battery) can be as low as <1V ..
Regards,
IanP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back