Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Verilog code for using VGA port to display signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

fakeha_s

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
VGA port

I am using spartan 3 fpga board,I want to use its VGA port to display my output signals on the monitor,as far as i know you need a HDL code to program the port,if anyone can provide me verilog code,do i have to place it in my original verilog code which i have designed or download it seperately on the fpga
Thanks

VGA port

Which FPGA board? The board manufacturer probably has example code you can download.

I'm guessing the VGA port is connected to the FPGA through an external DAC. In that case, you build one large project that does everything you want the FPGA to do, and download it into the chip.

It doesn't have to be HDL. It could be schematic entry or whatever other design tools you have available.

Re: VGA port

The spartan 3 xilinx board which has built in vga port all you have to do is connect cable to it,and i don't have any example code

@ echo 47.. i cant open your link..

---------- Post added at 22:56 ---------- Previous post was at 22:55 ----------

i also have same problem with you.. do you have a solution already??

How about looking a tiny bit further on the Digilent site? The link is old, but about 3 clicks away the info is still there...

Checkout the module library 130d.v on the following page:

Module Library Docs

You should also just our New Verilog HDL Group, which has numerous links to Verilog cores, tutorials, etc.

I'll be posting the above links to the module library site to the group shortly.

Hope the info helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back