Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Will Windows create virtual COM for FT245 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aldevan

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ft245

hi, I use ftdi ft232bm to converter usb to serial rs232 and when a plug it in my computer usb port the sistem creat a virtual COM, ex: COM5, my question is what windows will creat if a plug a ft245? is a virtual COM too?

FT245

The FT245 and FT232 are similar from win point of view, they are using the same drivers. FT245 will create a serial port, as for FT232, if you are using the VCOMM drivers. Also, the behaviour is similar if you are using direct drivers D2XX. The difference is at the other side, FT232 will make transfers using serial lines, and FT245 have a parralel bus to deal with.

/pisoiu

aldevan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: FT245

Hi,

I've used the FT245 module in a previous design. The FTDA driver is more than enough to communicate with this module. You can build a Visual Basic routine to check the buffer status and directly communicate with the USB module.

Re: FT245

Hi Bus Master,

how do I have to put a dataline in a high or low state in VB.NET for the FT245BM?

kind regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back