Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to check if the D-ff 74LS573 is in good condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Test D Flip-Flop IC

Hi,

Anyone can tell me how to check the D-ff 74LS573 whether in good condition, please teach me how to test and connect it.

Thanks....

Re: Test D Flip-Flop IC

Use a breadbard for this test.
Connect Vcc (20) to 5V, GND (10) to 0V.
Use 10k resistors conncted to+5V and all D-inputs: (2, 3, 4 ,5 ,6 ,7 ,8 and 9).
Connect OE (1) to 0V.
Build a one-pulse generator based on, for example, 555 monostabile, and instal a switch through which you can trigg this generator.
Connect output of this generator (in 555 it will be pin 3 ) to Enable Latch of 573 (11).
Connect 8 small leds to the 573 outputs (19, 18, 17 ,16, 15, 14, 13 and 12) through 470-1kΩ resistors - to 0V.
Take some jumper wires and shorten selected 573 inputs to 0V.
Push button to generate a pulse and see if the relevant outputs have "L" - leds should be OFF; other outputs should be "H" - leds ON.
Shorten other inputs, generate another pulse and check outputs ..
Good luck and regards,
IanP

Help

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

IanP said:
Build a one-pulse generator based on, for example, 555 monostabile, and instal a switch through which you can trigg this generator.
IanP

Now i dont have the 555, still got any simple method to test the IC?

Thanks...

If you don't have 555 connect the LE input through 10kΩ resistor to 5V. Connect a momentary switch to this input and GND .. Press this switch/button and generate a pulse ..
It doesn't matter if this switch generates instead of single pulse a series of pulses ..
And again, shorten all or selected inputs to 0V and press this button ..
Regards,
IanP

Help

IanP said:
Connect output of this generator (in 555 it will be pin 3 ) to Enable Latch of 573 (11).
Connect 8 small leds to the 573 outputs (19, 18, 17 ,16, 15, 14, 13 and 12) through 470-1kΩ resistors - to 0V.
Take some jumper wires and shorten selected 573 inputs to 0V.
IanP

May i know what is 573?

Thanks...

573 = 74LS573
Regards,
IanP

Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search