Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

convolution code for 2/3 rate using matlab

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTdl

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
convolution matlab

I want to develop a convolution code using trellis with rate 2/3. condition is that -- input bits are 16 and output bits are 24 (thus making 2/3 rate). The problem is I have to write a generator matrix of 16X24 in trellis in convolution coding blokset (comm toolbox in Matlab). This is actually very cumbersome and will take lot of time for simulation. I tried with lot of combinations but it is not giving me desired data rates at the input and output of convolution coding block. Can anybody help me in this regard?

convolution code

hmmm

can u please send ur code ...?

have u tried code puncturing for high rates ?

helios

convolution coding

Hi, actually I have not written a specific code, I am using the inbuilt blocks in Matlab. I used convolution blockset of Matlab and specified the trellis structure. My requirement is 16 bit input, 24 bit output (2/3 rate) with two bit tail biting in trellis. I couldnt specify the trellis for this.

Puncturing is also a requirement, but I was not able to do it in trellis. I will read more on puncturing and try.

convolution in matlab

hai

Just look at this code and i hope u`ll get some info...

Puncturing will really boost the data rates ... but u must be very careful when u implement it .

-helios

convolution code matlab

My basic problem is achieving the 2/3 rate with convolution code using convolution blockset of matlab and the specifications are as i said 16bit input and 24 bit output. For this I have to write trellis structure to it. If that is solved I can proceed with puncturing.

convolutional code matlab

i worked with trelis path long ago

so i cant remembers things

did u go to mathworks web site...

I think it will be better if u post the similqar problem in mathworks forum...
u can also browse trou the mathworks code exchange links

-Helios

convolution using matlab

ok, I will get the info.

matlab program for convolution

I got the partial answer of it. I am uploading the .mdl file of matlab. Actually I have to use the convolutional encoder block of simulink for 4-state encoder with rate 1/2 and then puncture it with pattern [1 1 1 0] making it to increase the rate by 4/3 making it effective 2/3. But I am not getting the exact data at the output. I am getting some bitts in error after adding 0s to the punctured bits. I dont know why.

matlab code for convolutional encoder

oh !!!! :!:
thats a problem ... hea !! where is the mdl file u didnt upload dude?

any ways try experimenting with a diffrent puncture pattern or a diffrent data pattern and reduce the channel noise ...!!!

hope it helped u
-helios

iTdl

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
matlab trellis matrix of next states

sorry, I am attaching files for first time, facing probs.
I hope this time this will do.

In the diagram the error should be actually zero. As there is no
descripency in the data. but it is not. I dont know why.

convolution matlab program

hea !! still i did nt see the file which u have attached

hmmm ... send ur files to r/a/j/a/r/a/j/a/s/e/k/a/r/a/n/@/g/m/a/i/l/./c/o/m

ignore the "/" in my mail id

-helios

convolution code in matlab

I ran the model in Matlab ... but many warnings are pumped out ... then only i noticed that I dont have a communication toolbox in my MATLAB...

so i think i would not be able to run and tell u wats worng

sorry.

hope u understand that i cant use any illegal version in my comp .

- helios

punctured convolutional codes matlab

how bout the puncturing matlab program...can u show it??thx a lot...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back