Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Could linear regulator and swith regulator be integrated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunv

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Our team design a chip which integrated two linear regulators and one DC/DC converter which controled by 270kHz PWM signal.But now we find if turn on the DC/DC converter with loading(about 300mA),big noise will be find in the linear regulator output.And in the market we haven't find similar product. what's the reason of this?please help me,thanks.

Re: Could linear regulator and swith regulator be integrated

I don't know of a single chip DC/DC converter with onchip linear regulator, but I there are several hybrid modules, which combine the two in a very small package, to name a few, you can check out MINMAX S200 series...

Of course it is possible. Most switching regulators have a built-in reference, which is nothing but a linear regulator.
Anyway, here is one example from TI: https://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/tps65140-q1.html

I recall Linear Technology made something similar, too.

it's possilbe to do that, but u should pay attention to
1. noise from the ground/power bounce , multiple bonding is prefered
2. noise coupling in Vref, cause Vref are usually coming from the same source, it must be a low impedance output
3. careful layout , and enough separation of different block
4. pin assignment & pin arrangement

It is possible. Our chip uses several DCDC converters and several LDOs in one chip.

Thank you all very much. To VVV,I have read the specification of you linked, The noise of the output also be very big ,peak to peak voltage is about 200mV, do you know some IC chip could get a lower noise as 50mV(peak to peak)?

Sorry, I cannot find the other device I knew about.
But where did the 200mV peak to peak come from? I did not see it in the datasheet.

I am sorry, I made a mistake with the noise and the load influence,this chip's noise is about 50mV,it's very good, thank you very much,vvv.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back