Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control furniture by using TV remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.

phucdull

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody!
Now I want to control some devices in my house by using remote control. I have a SAMSUNG TV remote control but I have no its datasheet, so i can not know exactly what code is sent when I press a key. If you have this datasheet, pls send me your link. Thank you very much

//Sorry for my terrible English

You can make an IR receiving circuit and capture the code with a digital storage scope. Then you can use the IR receiver design in your furniture control receivers.

(Joke) Do you want your bed to throw you out onto the floor in the morning? There are less drastic alarm clock methods.

Of course, these device communicate via IR signal. But now I am wondering that in the output of IR receiver, which code is received?. Manchester code or the same code as the output of IR transmitter?. If these code are not the same, pls tell me some circuit to decode the output of IR receiver

//Sorry for my terrible English

You will have a different waveform for each control button being pushed. It does not really matter what those are. You will have to build a circuit that tells the difference between them.

Since it is a short sequence, it is probably some form of UART type signal.

use software webenic.enic.fr/~peralta/IR/Girder.htm
its show hex code for each key

Yup!
Thank you very much. I have understood what you want to say. But if I use the IR receiver and transmitter (both of them are made by SAMSUNG Corp), I will not have to make a circuit that tell me what button is pressed?. If so, everything is simply?

TV IR remote receiver has buildin microprocessor to deal with different codes. It is specialy designed for TV sets and I do not think it is useable for other porpouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back