Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

dopler radar motion detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathkamla

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
doplerradar

hi all,
i need schematic and construction detail for a doppler frequency radar motion detector.frequency range 1GHZ using rf transistors, microstrip line and no special components. a similar cct was puplished in practical electronics of october 1984 designed by powertran cybernetics. they dont seem to exist on the net same as the magazine practical electronic.
thanks please help
adams

If my memory serve me well, you could find similar article in early 1998 issue of EPE.

Hope it helps!

can't lay my hands on the mag thats why i need help from the forum. i do need to use it for an alarm to deter thieves who come sucking fuel off my car at nite.

Instead of the radar motion detector which could be detected by thieves and attacked by interference, find a PIR motion detector which passively detects moving humans up to 30 meters away.
PIR security detectors are low-cost and several versions are sold as parts controlling spot-lights. I used such devices for years without any problem and thieves knew that they were detected as the light was coming to their faces.
The PIR sensors can sense also movement of animals and larger objects, so locate the sensor so it can only see your car side where tank is. You can add a camera to record their shocked faces, too.

I previously used 2.4 GHz doppler modules from Infineon in an industrial control application. They are also able to detect speed and direction of an objects movement. But they have been discontinued as far as I know. In any case, a differential PIR motion sensor is much easier to build, as already mentioned. And you get those rather cheap light control modules, even suited for outdoor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back