Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to judge positive feedback or negative feedback for amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ithink

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i wanna design a comparator with positive feedback, but i have no clear concept about positive feedback in OP amp, you may give me some good ideas?thank you

Re: how to judge positive feedback or negative feedback for

in common sense,if you want to design a high speed comparator,one or two stages of preamplification followed by a track-and-latch stage is the most familiar architecure.the preamplification is always a simple OTA.the track-and-latch stage can give a high speed with moderate gain.so i can't understand your problem,if you want to use the AMP as the comparator,then speed always be slow if you want to get a high resolution.so what the meaning of "a comparator with positive feedback"? ps:ken matin's book(analog circuit design),chapter 7 will gives you some help.
ithink said:
i wanna design a comparator with positive feedback, but i have no clear concept about positive feedback in OP amp, you may give me some good ideas?thank you

You can inject one signal in the feedback loop (break point) ,If the output signal phase is the same as input , this system is in positive feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.