Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Example of sensor circuit with ultraviolet sensor in a fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

czech

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sensor circuit

hi! i hav a problem with my final year school project. can anyone enlighten me to give me an example to hav a simple sensing circuit using ultraviolet sensor to be installed in a table fan? thank you

Re: sensor circuit

Have a look at this example:
**broken link removed**
Do you think it is suitable for you?
Regards,
IanP

thnx for the reply... appreciated it very much... any other circuit dat can enlighten me? coz i wanna compare den decide which is best for my sensor fan. :)

Other options can be based on UV sensitive photo diodes.
1. Centronic silicon photodiode the OSD5.8-7Q:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
with a wavelength range from 200 nm to 1100 nm and an area of 5.8 mm². What you will have to do is to place a UV filter that will reduce the amount of visible light and allow only UV in front of this diode, as it has its peak of responsivity at ≈950nm.
2. **broken link removed**
3. **broken link removed**
Regards,
IanP

thnx ian.... btw, which sensor is more reliable, a sensor detector or an infrared sensor or the ultraviolet sensor??

You can not compare infrared sensor with ultraviolet sensor, as both have been designed to sense different frequencies.
If you are looking for a UV sensor have a closer look at UV Photodiode TW30SX (link in my previous post).
Regards,
IanP

I wanted to add something to the last post, because I am using a UV sensor for an application:
If you want to cover both ends of the visible spectrum then you can use UV and IR sensors i.e. if you want to verify the existance of a flame. Check some patents from www. freepatents.com to see how it works.
Furthermore, IanP said it all. What the nature of your application determines the sensor you need. If you want to combine them, then build a system that takes both measuremments and gives out a specific answer ( I don't know what) . If it is fire, then UV says flame, IR says also flame, you can check intensity of radiating energy in both spectrums and have an output that says ALARM, etc...

D.

sorry guys.... :cry: tried trial and error all of the circuits above and none of them werk.... coz i need help in making a circuit but i hav no idea how to start from scratch :cry: if anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.... ok to tell u wad i am duin, im gonna summarise what im duin.... i am duin a project, about a fan, which has only 1 speed, but it oscillates fast when there is a person standing in front of the fan, meanin if there is no one standing in front of the fan, the fan will oscillate very fast until it detects someone in front of the fan. my lecturer told me its better to use a ultraviolet sensor, and some say its better to use ultrasonic motion sensor. so im confused :( anyway thnx for the past help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back