Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASIC FPGA VLSI in Dubai /UAE

Status
Not open for further replies.
vlsi dubai

Hi Omara007 ,
Is there any Physical Design activity going on at your company ?
If so , is any recruitment happening rite now for 2+ exp .

Thanks ,
asic_lj.

dubai fpga jobs

asic_lj said:
Hi Omara007 ,
Is there any Physical Design activity going on at your company ?
If so , is any recruitment happening rite now for 2+ exp .

Thanks ,
asic_lj.

send your resume to this address : careers@dso.ae

fpga jobs in dubai

omara007 said:
I do indeed work in DSO ..

DSO has 2 design centers at this moment .. one is LSI Logic .. and the other is Mindspeed (formerly Conexant) ..

DSO is doing well .. designs are going on .. and everything looks quite cool .. nothing is vage .. the only truth is that we are still in a temp location .. yet, the HQs is already built and I saw it myself .. but it's not inside the city .. so, some facilities are being established in order for the critical mass to move there ..

That's it ..

What is the kind of salary one should expect in DSO for 7+ yrs of experience in ASIC Verification ?

vlsi jobs for freshers in dubai

how to contact the companies which you listed Eng.Hesham_Mahrous ?
the website www.dso.ae doesn't contain any links for these companies

mindspeed in dubai

a_fetoh said:
how to contact the companies which you listed Eng.Hesham_Mahrous ?
the website www.dso.ae doesn't contain any links for these companies

These companies are not yet DSO companies .. they just attended the workshop .. now, the DSO companies are only 2 : LSI Logic and Mindspeed Technologies ..

To apply to these companies, send your resume to DSO itself ..

fpga dubai

Found this page while searching for VLSI jobs in Dubai.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I am still waiting for the reply though!!!

ic design companies at dubai

HI,
Does any one have an update about the DSO , including companies, establishment schedules , industry and human resources.

Thanks

jobs in dubai circuit design

ide7587 said:
HI,
Does any one have an update about the DSO , including companies, establishment schedules , industry and human resources.

Thanks

LSI here in DSO has gone out of business .. the whole LSI consumer department was sold to Agere .. and therefor no more LSI Dubai ...

At the same time, DCD (Dubai Circuit Design) opened in DSO .. I have seen some front-end engineers joining it .. but I'm not sure of what they are indeed doing ..

The third DSO company, which is Mindspeed, is still up and kicking ..

mindspeed in dubai

omara007 said:
ide7587 said:
HI,

Thanks

LSI here in DSO has gone out of business .. the whole LSI consumer department was sold to Agere .. and therefor no more LSI Dubai ...

At the same time, DCD (Dubai Circuit Design) opened in DSO .. I have seen some front-end engineers joining it .. but I'm not sure of what they are indeed doing ..

The third DSO company, which is Mindspeed, is still up and kicking ..

Thanks for the info

I have heard this news today
DSO has a major announcement at GITEX 2007 (8-12/Sep)

here is the link https://www.ameinfo.com/130435.html

asic jobs in saudi

Hi all,
Any updates on GITEX 2007 regarding DSO?

Regards,
Farooq.

lsi industries uae

I have been there in GITEX and I effectively visited DSO booth but I didn't hear of any new news regarding semiconductor business .. most of the work these days is oriented towards real estate stuff in the DSO area ..

synopsys salary

Hi Omara,

From your visit to GITEX and working at the DSO; What is your assessment
of the DSO project now, as I see on the updated
website it looks more residential than technical ?

The advertised vacancies look more promotional rather than hard positions
"http://www.dso.ae/en/business-activities/dcd.html"

Has the DSO failed or just delayed ?

Regards

vlsi openings in dubai

ide7587 said:
Hi Omara,

Regards

In general, Dubai is known to be highly interested in Real eState and Mass/Mega Construction business .. so, do expect that any project launched in dubai to be at least slightly deviated towards this field ..

As for DSO, DSO itself is not meant to be a technology center .. it's more of a technology park though it has its own small design center (Dubai Circuit Design) .. "Technology Park" here means it provides whichever international design centers (that chose to come to Dubai) with the legal stuff .. insentives/seeds .. suitable work spaces/environment .. subsidized residentials .. and other logistics ..

For that reason, expect DSO to have any type of business to collect money .. this money in turn goes back to the hosted design centers .. and for Dubai, as I mentioned, Real eState is the thing that they have robust experience in ..

Concluding, DSO is not a bad place for designers .. it's quite attractive and most probably will have a bright future .. yet, you need to look at the company you need to work for "inside" DSO, and forget about the bigger DSO authority .. they indeed have the business as first priority regardless of being in the semiconductor arena or not ..

Currently, as I might have mentioned before, DSO hosts Mindspeed Technologies & Dubai Circuit Design .. it used to host LSI logic as well .. but LSI consumer branch, which Dubai site was part of it, was acquired by another company .. and the new comany decided to shut down Dubai site ..

analog ic design dubai

omara007 said:
ide7587 said:
Hi Omara,

Regards

In general, Dubai is known to be highly interested in Real eState and Mass/Mega Construction business .. so, do expect that any project launched in dubai to be at least slightly deviated towards this field ..

As for DSO, DSO itself is not meant to be a technology center .. it's more of a technology park though it has its own small design center (Dubai Circuit Design) .. "Technology Park" here means it provides whichever international design centers (that chose to come to Dubai) with the legal stuff .. insentives/seeds .. suitable work spaces/environment .. subsidized residentials .. and other logistics ..

For that reason, expect DSO to have any type of business to collect money .. this money in turn goes back to the hosted design centers .. and for Dubai, as I mentioned, Real eState is the thing that they have robust experience in ..

Concluding, DSO is not a bad place for designers .. it's quite attractive and most probably will have a bright future .. yet, you need to look at the company you need to work for "inside" DSO, and forget about the bigger DSO authority .. they indeed have the business as first priority regardless of being in the semiconductor arena or not ..

Currently, as I might have mentioned before, DSO hosts Mindspeed Technologies & Dubai Circuit Design .. it used to host LSI logic as well .. but LSI consumer branch, which Dubai site was part of it, was acquired by another company .. and the new comany decided to shut down Dubai site ..

Thanks alot for the info , it seems I had a misunderstanding of the all project
I thought a new silicon valley will be established in Dubai...

It seems I woudlnt be able to find an entry level job soon ..
Regards

site:edaboard.com vlsi jobs in dubai

DSO is indeed intending to be Dubai's version of the Silicon Valley .. actually this is what a Silicon Valley means .. a facility to host companies ..

vhdl middle east job

Hi omara,
Are u familiar withe Salary ranges of ASIC Engineers in DSO. Any ranges for the following catagories:

1) Entry Level ASIC Engineer
2) Mid-Level ASIC Engineer 6-8 years experience
3) Experienced (10-15 yrs) ASIC Engineer

Please mention the amount in US Dollars.
Also are there any other perks/Benefits that are being offered my Companies at DSO ?

Please let us know

Thanks

ic design qatar

asics said:
Hi omara,
Are u familiar withe Salary ranges of ASIC Engineers in DSO. Any ranges for the following catagories:

1) Entry Level ASIC Engineer
2) Mid-Level ASIC Engineer 6-8 years experience
3) Experienced (10-15 yrs) ASIC Engineer

Please mention the amount in US Dollars.
Also are there any other perks/Benefits that are being offered my Companies at DSO ?

Please let us know

Thanks

Salary depends on negotiation.

dubai vlsi company

Thanks for replying omara.

How long do u think it will take (if all goes well) for DSO to have more Semiconductor/IC design companies ?
I have read a few articles that talk about 2008-2009 as the big years for companies to open up campuses in DSO.
Since you are aware of the ground realities do u think that there is any truth to this?

Thanks

ic design uae

I believe DSO will start attracting more companies once the DSO area itself gets more constructed and becomes a real livable place .. at the current time, it's under heavy construction .. and it's some 30Km away from the heart of Dubai .. and very little amount of people are living in it .. so, once it gets more populated and also its neighbours, things will be much better from the attraction point of view ..

I believe this will not take less than a year or two .. so, expect 2009 to be a better year for DSO ..

Status
Not open for further replies.