Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ASIC FPGA VLSI in Dubai /UAE

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

dubai asic

Hi guys,
Whts scene of possible opportunities for ASIC design engineer in UAE/Dubai?

Heard lots of efforts put forth by Govt to encourage IC tech parks for startups and new firms in Dubai Silicon Oasis?

Is this all true?

Thanks,
Mad_dogs_ic_maker

vlsi companies in dubai

DSO is almost the only hope for IC Design in UAE .. but the problem is that it's now close to maybe 4 years since it was first launched and no noise comes from there .. I even heard that it was going to shut down .. lately they tried to receover .. many rumers .. but the website is dated and gives u no clue to anything valuable.

fpga jobs dubai

last feb (2006) the DSO group made a trip to egypt, india , iran searching for all kinds of electronics engineers (CAD, VLSI, Embedded) , 2 day trip in each country, i even had an interview with one of them, but i didn't hear any thing after that. does any body know any one who actually work there?

asic jobs dubai

What the.. What the hell are they doing in Egypt ,India and Iran and I live a few kilo meters away from them.. :roll:

vlsi jobs in uae

cmos babe, where from, if you can go there u'll have a big chance, they interview people whom they can reach in dubai, and then tell us if it reallly exist or was it a dream.
good luck

lsi dubai

I e-mailed them and they told me to submit my scanned papers and a photo and I did but they never replied again. Maybe they didn't like my picture :)

mindspeed dubai

Hi

I've been searching all over the net about the opporutnities in DSO but to no avail i can't find any opportunities in this area.

There has been a lot of press release about the start-up companies in Dubai like Synopsis and some american companies but still can no good news.

I had seen one posted in IC resources and its really a good opportunity, they have a very good benefits like no Tax and subsidized or free accomodations.

Anyone out there who has been there or working on that area? want to share any good news? What about you cmos_babe?

Regards.

asic jobs in dubai

you have to go and see what's going on in DSO cmos babe
it isn't about the picture anymore...but man, shouldn't you have put a modified brad pitt or tom cruise picture...photoshop would do that in a blink...even a depressed leonardo di caprio would have done better :)

i heard they took someone from sysdsoft, Egypt...from the RF team
and they wanted to convince dr. Emad Hegazi to go but he refused...and prefered to stay in Egypt

hey, why don't we start thinking about making a silicon oasis or a silicon valley in Egypt :)

vlsi training centers in dubai

Hi I want to setup a VLSI Traianing Institute in Dubai. Can somebody pl let me know what is the current situation in Dubai for VLSI and how many Universities and companies are there is Dubai who is involved with VLSI.

Is it a good idea to start VLSI training center in Dubai?

vlsi in dubai

Are you going to rent a small room and download Jan Rabaey book's powerpoint slides and start an institute? Or are you going to offer in-depth training in using advancved EDA tools ? DSO has equipped four local universities with EDA software so I'm not sure.

dubai fpga

What happened to the Silicon Oasis Project in Dubai ?

dubai vlsi

Thinkie said:
What happened to the Silicon Oasis Project in Dubai ?
we totally don't know Thinkie
i guess the next Harry Potter (if there will be any) should be
HARRY POTTER AND THE LOST DSO

pcb design jobs in dubai

what is the mechanism to apply ?

How is the work culture ?

latest openings in vlsi+asic+fpga

Yo guys DSO just launched a workshop meeting in the george washington university, and its all about working in dubai and they started already recruting some undergrads from Howard university, univeristy of maryland and I heard the MIT in boston. I am in GWU and ill go to the work shop they announced on Feb 1 2007, and ill let you know whats up ?
Peace
Hesham Mahrous

fpga opportunities dubai

Guys I went to the workshop meeting in GWU. Basically it was about future plans and work scope of the DSO and they collected our resumes for future recrutments in 2008-2009. DSO is not yet establishing any business, jobs, and products. It is still underconstruction and will establish its business in the fields of IC fabrication, VLSI chips, and ASIC technology...etc. Mostly American companies more than europian compines from all around the world will be established in DSO. Companies were already took places in participation even in the field of telecommunication like sprint and cingular in america. As well as; CyberCoders, TELEDYNE SCIENTIFIC & IMAGING, LLC, Koa Networks, BroadLogic Inc., NVIDIA Corporation, Zandermax, Broadcom, TSL Associates, Stingray Systems, Terran Systems, Marvell Semiconductor, Inc., LSI Logic Corporation, PDF Solutions, Cisco, Micron Technology, Inc., QUALCOMM, Cswitch Corporation, and Virage Logic are already been quantified in the area. In other words these companies so far will be the first establishment for a career business in DSO.

Bottom line wait till 2008 to 2009 till DSO is announced its establishment. Good luck guys,

Regards
Hesham Mahrous

dubai circuit design

I do indeed work in DSO ..

DSO has 2 design centers at this moment .. one is LSI Logic .. and the other is Mindspeed (formerly Conexant) ..

DSO is doing well .. designs are going on .. and everything looks quite cool .. nothing is vage .. the only truth is that we are still in a temp location .. yet, the HQs is already built and I saw it myself .. but it's not inside the city .. so, some facilities are being established in order for the critical mass to move there ..

That's it ..

Status
Not open for further replies.