Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IRDA Hardware Reverse Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

enigma460

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hardware reverse engineer

I'm not sure if this would be interesting to anyone except me so I'm testing the waters here.

I needed to put together an IRDA hardware design so that I could communicate with my Ipaq. Now parts were hard to come by but the Jeteye was on Ebay for $2.00. This unit allows your PC to use IRDA via the serial port. How could I lose out on a deal like that.

With the case removed the PC board is 1-1/2" x 1-1/4" which is a great size for my application.

With a little (maybe a lot) of research I have found that the board contains the following IC's: HSDL-7001 encoder/decoder chip by HP, LP2951 Micropower voltage regulator by National, and the HSDL-1001 IR tranceiver by HP.

I've drawn out the schematic. All that has to be done is to write the software for a microcontroller and you will have a complete IRDA system for a very cheap price.

I thought I would share my discoveries for those that may be looking into using IRDA.

Enigma460

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back