Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage source impedance

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi

Where can I found information about how to construct a low impedance source!? I need a power supply that can deliver DC current pulses (1ms) with a very low rising time.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards
Pendragon

This pulsed current is usually sourced from a capacitor that is large enough to supply the charge without declining in voltage too much. To reduce the parasitic resistance and inductance you usually have several smaller value, but higher quality, capacitors in parallel at the output of your power supply.

Hi

Ok, thanks.

Iis capacitor the only solution!? or the best one!?
There are others solutions!?

I think that another solution will be to feed the load with a battery. But this is not very confortable.

thans again

Best Regards
Pendragon

The battery is certainly one option. The problem will be the life of the product. After a few years the battery will degrade and the circuit will not work properly. There is also the problem with the internal inductance of the battery. They are not designed for pulsed loads.

Yes what you say is true and makes sense.

An alternative to a voltage source will be a controled current source. source Inductance will influence maximum current rise rate, but this don't give bether results!?

Numbers please! How much current? How much voltage compliance? How low impedance? How low risetime?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back