Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to make a library file that behaves like keil library?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hock

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
keil liberary

I have compiled many of my frequently used function calls and drivers in to a lib file.
All works well if I include the lib file in the project and the header file in the main c file. I am getting a lot of warining messages for subroutines and function calls I am not using. How can I make a lib file which behaves exactly like keil lib file (that is no need to include it in the project and no uncalled segment warnings)?
Thanks
hock

Re: ke*il liberary

hock said:
How can I make a lib file which behaves exactly like ke*il lib file (that is no need to include it in the project and no uncalled segment warnings)?
The keil link the subroutine within the lib by 'module',
not only the called subroutines (all of code will be included which they built in a module).
You can divide functions into several individual C files then build all into a LIB.
(i.e. a C file as a module in LIB)

BTW, the 'Uncalled Segment Warning' is not only a warning message,
the uncalled parts will eat your code and ram space.
To add "NOOVERLAY" in Link Control that will remove the warnings.

FYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back