Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to build a CP microstrip antenna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

actra

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CP microstrip antenna?

i saw somewhere in the web a CP microstrip antenna...
is this possible to build a CP microstrip antenna ??? what iknow is that this type of antennas can be only horizontal or vertical ?

Re: CP microstrip antenna?

ya cp antenna is also possible

just make two feeds to one element and make them phase quadrature

and u would get cp microstrip antenna

CP microstrip antenna?

cool ...but the antenna advertised has only one feed point !!! and its circularly polarized!!

ya even with one feed point it can be done (as done in disk type antenna)

for onefeed cp microstrip antenna.
you can divide the feed line to two separate line and they have 90° phase delay!
the two line cross-feed to the same antenna .

CP microstrip antenna?

CP microstrip antenna can be made in a lot of ways. YOU can use one feed or two. And there are a lot of books on that subjet

Hello, everyone. I'm a graduate student designing the circularly polarized microstrip antenna. pls look at my name, joshuacp, the joshua is my English name, and cp is circularly polarized, haha. For the microstrip antenna, the CP can be obtained from one point feeding, or dual-point feed. For the singl-feed one, CP is excited from the two modes with one feed by introducing a small pertubation in the patch shape. The dual-feed patch uses two feeds to excite two spatially orthogonal, resonant modes, which produces a circularly polarized wave. And there're lots of other methods to obtain the CP wave.

my e-mail: joshuacp@163.com

CP microstrip antenna?

CP microstrip antenna can be made in a lot of ways

is anyone has the detailed information about how
to get CP in different ways?

refer to some reference, they will give you details.
1: Advance in Microstrip and Printed Antennas from Wiley Series in Microwave and Optical Engineering

2:CAD of Microstrip Antennas for Wireless Applications from Artech House Boston.London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back