Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Practical Robot design - where to begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brmadhukar

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Practical Robot design

Hi,
I need to start a robot design with machine vision, pick n place and few mechnical movement capabilities. Where do I begin? I have a background in electronic design, programming and NO prior knowledge of robotics.
TIA

Browse through the last couple of days of ebook
uploads. There were a few titles regarding robotics
and at least one about machine vision.

Nick C.

What robots are you using?
I currently am using S*ony SRX-611 smart cells, if you need info on these let me know ?

regards

robo

start with sensors

start with machine vision/ imaging/detecting / artificial eye

My point of view is

start defining all the action the robot would have to do, find how it will the action (arm rotation, move of the robot if it's a mobile robot)

From that you can decide which sensors and wich actuators you need, the skelet of the robot.

And then design the electronic to control actuators from data read by sensors

Regards,

TOTO2001

Robots

It sounds more like you want to make a machine to stuff PC Boards. When you mention robots to a bunch of hobbyiests like us, we think of usually-impractical robots that wander around on their own. Machine vision systems for these robots is also geared towards tracking a red ball, or another robot.

It is a nice thread. Some of the links are not working now. Can any body suggest again from where to began for developed a robot arm?:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back