Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

IP core generator problems when parameters of a core are changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

osbourne

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
When I instantiate an ip core (e.g. a DCM), there's no problem. But when I change parameters of this core, the design synthesizes no more and error messages appear.
What is the problem ?

ip core cosinus

mention whatz the error?
when u changed the parameters, whether the coregen gave any warning?

dcm core generator

I use the sin/cos look up table ip core. It has the name <carrier_gen> in my design. The width of the theta input is initially 4 and the design works. When I change the width to e.g. 6, the following warnings appear:

Regenerating IP...
WARNING:sim:89 - A core named <carrier_gen> already exists in the output directory. Output products for this core may be overwritten.
WARNING:coreutil:266 - Could not remove outfile.

I also changed the width in signals of the rest of the design to 6 to match the new
ip core spec.

Then, when I try to synthesize the new design I get the following error message:

ERROR:Xst:2091 - "d:/xilinx/pd/DPD.vhd" line 79: Different types for port <THETA> on entity and component for <carrier_gen>.

THETA in entity and component do have the same type !! So I don't understand this error ? Can somebody help ?

IP Core generator

Hi,
i generated a model using the sine/cos lut ip core.
went with the same way u mentioned.
intially giving a theta width of 4 and then regenerating it with 6. but i have not met with any error.

now... have u generated the model by calling coregen from the ISE environment using " create new source".
or did u activated coregen intially and then included ur vhdl model using "add an existing file"

check out ur "*.out" file also and c whether the changes are updated.

or just give the .xco file for ur model,
so that i can enter the same parameters to checkout ur prblm.

osbourne

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: IP Core generator

Hi,

please find attached a small vhdl model using a DCM and the sin/cos look up table to
generate a sine and a cosine function.

THETA width is now 4. If you double click on "carrier_gen" in the sources in project window, the corresponding core generator window opens. Please change THETA width to e.g. 6 and click generate. Now "carrier_gen" should be updated. Try to synthesize the model again and you will find the mentioned warnigs/error.

Thanks for helping me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back