Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

programming zigbee modules and various zigbee modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevasway

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
maxstream.com

Hi,
anyone can help me about ZigBee?

I'm developing an application with the full ZStack (chipset Freescale), but Figure8Wireless doesn't provide any tutorial and How-to for programming.

Bye
Stevasway

zigbee loose data

Zigbee is almost equal to WLAN 802.11 except few considerations, and packages. and it also has a few concepts of bluetooth.

telegesis pic16f877

Thanks, but I need to kown if anyone has experience with ZStack programming

pic16f877 and zigbee module architecture

Prasanna Kumar said:
Zigbee is almost equal to WLAN 802.11 except few considerations, and packages. and it also has a few concepts of bluetooth.

Sorry to say WRONG .. this is absolutely wrong .. ZigBee has no single common thing with 802.11x .. they are completely 2 different things .. one is WLAN and the other is WPAN ... one is of high data rate .. and the other is low data rate .. even ZigBee doesn't contain a decoder in the PHY layer ..

ZigBee is much much simpler than WLAN .. It took me close to 3 years to complete desiging 802.11a chip with a team of 45 professionals .. and am currently desiging the zigbee with a team of no more than 10 guys (front and back ends) .. and the wholw sweet doesn't take more than a year to tape out

max stream zigbee tutorial

Hello Mr. OMARA,

As u r well experienced with wireless protocols, i have few queries regarding this,
First of all how much can i keep the fragment threshold values? As i am using AMBA Bus as LLC layer so i am keeping the threshold value to 2048bits, is it ok or else any other considerations do i need to make? I would be so kind of u.

Thanks
Raghu

file transfer in zigbee

Hi,
What is the processor core used by zigbee controller? What is the bus architecture used ?

Thanks,

can zigbee transfer file

Have u ever seen Maxstream Xbee modules? they are full implemented Zigbee modules controlled by AT commands, it could be useful with u need a faster time-to-market, the problem can be the price....

uart communication for telegesis zigbee module

Hello!

Do you have any info regarding Xbee products from MaxStream?

Best regards!

maxstream + x ctu + zigbee

ZeRoN said:
Hello,

You can get XBee product info from h**p://www.maxstream.net/

Regards.

Hi, I'm here to say about the XBee, it is a 802.15.4 full implemented, but I had have a lot of problems with the low data rate what is possible with the Maxstream XBee, only 19200bps.

So be carefull if u r thinking to use the XBee. I wasn't so I loose a lot of developping time, case this detale is not comented on datasheet.

using pic16f877a with maxstream zigbee

How come the data rate is like this while it's in the IEEE standard !

x-ctu telegesis

I'm using XBee/XBee Pro, 115.2Kbps. is work fine.

tested by X-CTU, Range Test with loop-backed.
(follow MaxStream's Wireless Development Kit)

xbee at 115200

ZeRoN said:
I'm using XBee/XBee Pro, 115.2Kbps. is work fine.

tested by X-CTU, Range Test with loop-backed.
(follow MaxStream's Wireless Development Kit)

with the X-CTU, sending litle packets I can comunicate at 115200 too, but in my application I have to transfer files from a stand alone equipament to a PC, and this files are around 1MB. At 115200 the XBee lose a lot of packets, so the real data rate is less than at 19200, case at 19200 I don't loose any packet.

I talked to Jhon Shwartz ( MaxStream Thecnical Suport) and him sad me that the XBee comunicate at 250Kbps how is sad in DataSheet, but this data rate is only on air, and in the uart the maximum data rate where I don't loose packets is 19200.

If u want, make a program that only sand packets, like the X-CTU, but send 70 bytes in the packet, and put a CRC in your packet, then count the error numbers, u will see that at 115200 the XBee will loose a lot of packets.

pc to pc transfer using zigbee

Yes, I'm using little packet size in my application.

If I've to transfer big file(s) size, I should be use 115.2Kbps., then split file(s) to multiple packets (little size) with simple protocol.

I think this may faster than use 19200bps. one direction.

Sorry, just my idea. I didn't use in this case.

telegesis x-ctu

Do you know other manufacturers of ZigBee modules ready to use like Maxstream.
TKS

x-ctu+zigbee+atnd

I'm using a Xbee module working standalone in a simple board. Surprisingly I've detected too high current consumption in my board (53mAmps) even when Xbee are in Idle mode.

I think there are any wrong in this module.

Any idea to respect??

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Re: ZigBee

Hi:

Where to find any other zigbee manufacturer products other than
vvv.maxstream.com

Thanks omore!

I'm doing project on the XBee. i'm building my own board to transmit and received data another Xbee Board. The XBee is connected with PIC16F877A/PIC18F452. Since the board is not connected to anything (remote), how should i write the programming code to control the UART between the XBee and PIC?

I plan to program the PIC to work with 7 different switches. Example, when i press one of the switch, it will transmit the "ABC" to the XBee and the XBee from remote will transmit the "ABC" to the XBee connected to PC. When the PC detect the "ABC", it will light on the LED or Buzzer on the computer screen.

Any idea on how to program the PIC to send information to XBee?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.