Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SHRDC worth it or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

shrdc malaysia

Hi,
I am currently taking a course in SHRDC ( Selangor Human Resource Development Centre) in Malaysia in PCB design.. Is it worth the time or is it better for just searching for jobs?? From joinning this learning centre do I have a better oppurtunity to work for bigger company?? Thanks.

shrdc

Anonymous said:
Hi,
I am currently taking a course in SHRDC ( Selangor Human Resource Development Centre) in Malaysia in PCB design.. Is it worth the time or is it better for just searching for jobs?? From joinning this learning centre do I have a better oppurtunity to work for bigger company?? Thanks.

I think it is worth your time.. by joining that learning centre I am certain you would upgrade your skill in technical as well as soft skill. A lot of company such as Panasonic, Sony ,Freescale are involve with that centre. I think that you just have to be patient and try to get the best of it.

Regards

analog ic design in selangor

Hi,

From your post I roughly guess you're a new trainee in SHRDC. Well I was there for 1-year, last year doing Analog IC Design Training. I personally think It was worth it taking the course since now I am doing quite a decent job in IC design.

But however for PCB it was not that encouraging ( after having few conversation with graduate from PCB Design at SHRDC). The problems with PCB design is that, now the trend is moving towards integrated chips and the job as a PCB designer is consider low-end. One of the PCB graduate from SHRDC was attached to freescale semiconductor, PJ and he complained that the task given to him as a PCB Designer was not for graduate level (maybe technician level). And for this reason obviously the pay will be lower as compared to other engineers.

My advice is, try to look for opportunities in the niche areas such as Analog IC Design etc. It's tough and require more time for training but it's worth it if you have passion in it!

all the best!

CHEERS

Only do something that you truly love and not if you are gonna get a job in the end becoz the job market is so difficult to predict and what they do teach you might not be applicable in the job market.
For PCB design the niche high end definitely very promising area is in high frequency PCB design, impedance characerization of such PCB's, generally in the field of SI Signal Integrity and EMC/EMI where digital companies such as Intel invests a lot these days because you are beginning to see lots of analog and rf effects once you run your circuits at very high frequencis and these need to be understood and characterized.

It been 5 years since the last post. Now I get an interview for this pcb training. Hmm.. If it worthy these day? pcb-cad designer? I am more interest in analog IC design, but there is no training given for that module right now~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back