Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to understand circuit schematic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

huji

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
reading circuit schematic

hi all,
can anybody tell me how to learn about circuit.. what i mean is, when i see a circuit schematic i can automatically know how it works.. I am a 1st year electronic student. Is it a good idea simulating the circuit from the example in the books? Any tips? Thanks

learn how to understand a schematic

I think that u will know this by experience which will u gain by more reading and practical projects

learn circuit schematics

First you need to learn what components do. Then you can go about reading a schematic and getting an idea of what it does.

how to understand circuit

At the beggining learn how components work, and then start reading electronics magazines for begginers where every circuit has detailed explanation how it works, what is the function of used components...
This way you'll get most versatile view of electronics, and later you can make choice what are your interests.
You can start reading Every Day Practical Electronics from where, by my opinion, you can make your first step in practial electronics.
Also there are many other magazines, this is just one of them.

understand circuit schematics

its my advice seeing the circuit alone can't give you more insight into circuit working. because a workable circuit is obtained only after lot of trials

how to understand circuitry

as the other freinds told you

first: define each component and how it works

2nd: try to read about the famous ic's eg:LM555 & LM358, 741
and their applications.>>(application notes)

3rd: try to read some data sheets in order to be familer with how to get your need from such a file which contains many informations.

4th: try to read and simulate some small projects.

5th: put a target (any project) then try to design it from a to z as a practice then try to make it practical on a board. (u will get a real experince)
** with the aid of data sheets and application notes and the web.

note: all this steps may take alot of time from you ,
it will be a matter of time ,but i think it deserve
good luck..

how to understand schematics

If you want to understand the schamatic well you must know the elemans as resistor capacitor inductance and more of them transistors.
If you know the small signal model of bjts and fets well you will find the cicuits better.

en, to know a structure is easy, but to make a circuit work is hard.
step by step, try more small projects then you will know roughly what the individual block are doing, then maybe you can piece out what the total circuit is doing

Before going too far, first you have to understand the your electronic text book examples. Try to learn from the very simple circuits and get the ideas like why do we need to use that components (or that particular value) at the place.

1st, Main Chip datasheet and applicaiton, then follow the signal follow to read Sch. On the other hand, consider in time domain and frequency dowmain. and some components usally using and special.Good lucky

you must know the basic schematic symbols
**broken link removed**
the you must organize the schematic into splited units
1- begin with the power supply inlets ,fuses, varistors, ntcs ,rectifier,...etc.
2-control circuits, as the previously said get the data sheet of each ic you have then understand what is it do there,then you will be a good schematic reader and fault finder.

Your requirment seems too high. You must read and do more project, then you can improve your design capability step by step

This question is something complex. I recommend to look for an advisor at your University and start practicing. That's the only way.

grasp the necessary theoretical stuff and practising reading : ) .

i used to think like you long ago : there should be some way to know how it works once we look at it..
however, it's much like reading code in programming, u need theory and experience.

well simulating such circuits are great ideas but as long as you have not had your calculations on paper you will never find the desired inspection

good luck

Here is a good start to learn from basics and up; **broken link removed**

u must develop experience and u must be strong in the basics of electronic circuits. it really takes time atleast a year

Learn about the circuit components first and the flow of the signal in the circuitry

Just like eng_Semi said, you will gain it from experience, then you'll be able to identify the blocks that make a circuit an with that you can then get an idea of what it does.
don't want to go too fast, only after a couple of years things start joining together to form the big picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.