Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to find Inductance/length given an s-parameter of a transmission line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

venn_ng

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is there a way to find the inductance/length given an s-parameter of a transmission line. Assume that I have no idea of the characteristic impedance Zo either. Is there a possible way to find it using simple ac sims (say using input imepdance)? The TL line has a non-zero R,L and C. I know the length of transmission line too. Let's call that 'l'

The question is somehow incomplete. What is "an s-parameter"? S11? A single frequency S11 value can be directly converted into a RL or RC parallel or series equivalent circuit. But I guess that's not your question.

What R, L, and C of the transmission line are you asking about? A lossy TL model has 4 rather than 3 elements (series L and R, shunt C and G). At least R and G are frequency dependent.

Z0 and electrical length can be extracted from multiple frequency S11 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back