Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Figure out the dimensions for this circuit button for mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovingdemscience

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to figure out the dimensions of my left mouse button? I am trying to replace the faulty button but I got no idea what dimensions of my button to be inputted inside google.

Attachments

• IMG_20200530_141404.jpg
    IMG_20200530_141404.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20200530_141423.jpg
    IMG_20200530_141423.jpg
    491.7 KB · Views: 105

Hi,

It seems I don't understand the question..

If I wanted to know the dimension of a part I'd use a ruler ... or any other measurement device.

Klaus

Hi,

sorry for the unclear question. As the dimensions of the button is very small, my standard ruler could not measure out the minute change in dimensions, to accurately calculate the length. I need the accurate dimensions so I can purchase the same button on the internet. So basically, I need a way to find out which button should I purchase online that will fit into my mouse.

Hi,

Then use a caliper gauge. If you don't have one, ask your neighbour or a mechanic.

You may also do a google search for pictures. From the pictures (and the informations on their internet sites) you may find out manufacturer and type. Then look for the datasheets and compare the informations with your switch.

Klaus

I recognize a square tactile switch with two through-hole pins. Important parameters are button height above PCB and pin distance. A popular form factor is 6.5 mm pin distance and 4.3 or 5 mm height. Square case is unusual for two pin, thus yours may have different dimensions.

DTS-3.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

I see another popular form factor, 6x6 mm square case with two pins, 5 mm distance. Made by Omron and others. Many different button heights available.

B3F.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back