Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Drawn current from a two and single supply Class B power amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulmdrdo

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I was reading a section from a book that talks about class B amplifier. I don't quite understand what the author meant in the highlighted part. Can someone help me picture what the author is trying to convey? I know what full-wave and rectified signals are but I can't quite connect it to what the book is saying.
2020-05-29 15_03_04-Robert L. Boylestad, Louis Nashelsky - Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory.png2020-05-29 15_05_14-Robert L. Boylestad, Louis Nashelsky - Electronic Devices and Circuit Theory.png

In single supply the same supply supplies current for both half of circuit.
In dual supply , each supply supply current only for that part of the waveform.

In single supply the same supply supplies current for both half of circuit.
In dual supply , each supply supply current only for that part of the waveform.

In your first statement, isn't one half of the circuit turned off every one complete cycle? Therefore it just would be like a half-wave rectified signal?

Each half will be amplifying for the respective half cycle.

Each half will be amplifying for the respective half cycle.

Yes. That would be the same with the dual supply right? Therefore the current drawn has also the form of halfwave rectified signal not full-wave?

Status
Not open for further replies.