Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cooler master silent prp 500w pc psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziko0707

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have cooler master silent pro defected after thunderstorm, there is 330v DC on main big condensators, also 5v stendby present but all other dead. There is no power VCC to IC cm6806+X, (I think this is used for PFC) 10pins smd. There is also 8pin dip (pin6 missing) a6069h
Any help,schematics or else will be welcome

Thanks

330v DC on main big condensators

From internet search your unit appears to be a combination power inverter & battery charger, correct?

Since you have 330 vdc, what is your power source, a battery or is it house voltage? In other words does some function still work?

There is a "prp 500W" which is a power inverter and there is a "pro 500w" which is a modular PC power supply. I'm guessing from the title this should be "pro" not "prp".

My first step on all 'dead' PC power supplies is to change all the smaller electrolytic capacitors, they have a limited life time under ideal conditions but in a hot PSU they can degrade or die very quickly. For the low cost of replacements it is always a good first step.

Brian.

About small cap, PSU was 7-8 days old, then was thunderstorm and I opened to see if just fuse blow, because was weekend time. Then my guaranty goes away ;)

Here image of label on psu

Attachments

• cooler.jpg
    cooler.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 129

Hello ziko0707,
I think you need to check within the feedback circuitry.
I'm assuming that the feedback is using the 5 volt rail for it's voltage regulation on the other rails.
You need to check resistors connected to the 4 pin opto-coupler. You may have more than one though.
Also check any high ohm valued resistors within the primary of the supply.
Regards,
Relayer

Today I played and, sb +5v present,on power on green wire should has also 5v but has 2.7v
On pfc ic cm6806+x on vcc pin no power, there is smd pnp that has +13.5v on emitter but not switching transistor(collector goes directly to vcc pin of ic)
I shorted E+C on small pnp and all powers cones alive,12v 3.3v 5v but of course works without connecting green wire to gnd on connector
Cant find what switching this small pnp
Tnx

- - - Updated - - -

Update,actually no VCC to IC PS223,It should get from +5vSB, but there is no, when I bring with bridge +5v from SB voltage to VCC pin then all function as normal,when I grounded green wire psu has all voltages on output....now should find why not get +5v this ic,
P.S. now when start psu cm6806+x on vcc is ok 13.5v switched via pnp tr

tnc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back