Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to set_multicycle_path for latch in sta

Status
Not open for further replies.

CambridgeLv

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
set_multicycle_path -from latch/D -to latch/D seems not work

set_multicycle_path -from latch/D -to latch/D seems not work

as long as there is a path between these two pins, it should work. after you issue the command, do a timing report from the same pin pair and check it.

After set_multicycle_path 2 -setup -from ... -to ... , it will return '1' which means success, but when report_timing of the 2 points, it still check timing in one cycle

After set_multicycle_path 2 -setup -from ... -to ... , it will return '1' which means success, but when report_timing of the 2 points, it still check timing in one cycle

I believe it means you missed something, maybe your from/to pair is not right. Also be aware that you can use wildcards if needed to capture multiple paths, say from signalA to arrayB[*]

Just curious: in your statement "set_multicycle_path -from latch/D -to latch/D" the first latch and the second latch are different instances or the same?

Different latch, sorry for making you confused.

I think there isn't matching problem, I have use this command many times for dff(edge-sensitive) with no problems. This is first time I use this command for latch (level-sensitive). Checking the Primetime guide, it says latch/D should be set in '-from' list, but it still doesn't work. I have no idea how to fix it.

can you post the timing report and the exact command you have used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back