Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vin 18V-32V Vout 24V-what can I use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winsu

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,

I need to get a steady voltage of 24V but the Vin can change between 18V and 32V- What could I use?

Hello Winsu,

You can use the excellent LTC3777 by Analog Devices, very high efficiency, perfect for buck-boost design like yours.
Regards.

Hi,

Every switch mode IC manufacturer provides selection guides to find the correct IC for your application.
Be sure the ICs does the job as desired...and as specified in the datasheet.

You may also use ready to buy DCDC converters, just choose one with the desired input voltage range (and output voltage, for sure).

Klaus

Sepic converter stage run by any boost chip with internal xtor / fet ...

Thanks to everyone!

- - - Updated - - -

There is nothing bit simpler?

Use a single boost converter in combination with a LDO, but depending on your desired output current you will likely dissipate/waste power.

What's your output current?

greets

It will be 50mA

How could I combine then?.

Hi,

There is nothing bit simpler?
No. Nothing simpler than a ready to buy 1-part solution. Like TRACO TEC 2-2415.

Klaus

Reactions: Winsu

Winsu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
You may use TI's webench [1] to design your boost converter. Put an appropriate LDO at its output.

But note, your LDO will waste approximately 0.45 W. Considering the efficiency of your boost converter you will dissipate about 0.6 W.

I would use a single IC solution, as already recommended. Klaus also suggested a specific IC, which requires almost no additional design effort.

[1] https://webench.ti.com/power-designer/switching-regulator

greets

Reactions: Winsu

Winsu

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.