Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mini SCART TV, does it exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neazoi

Advanced Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Was there ever produced a mini LCD TV with SCART input?
The smallest I have found is 14" and this is CRT.

Hi,

the smallest TFT I found is
MAJESTIC TVD-215 TV LED 15"

Amazn says it has SCART input.

Klaus

Hi,

the smallest TFT I found is
MAJESTIC TVD-215 TV LED 15"

Amazn says it has SCART input.

Klaus
Hm... yes, I have never seen a smaller one myself :(

Hi,

you want it for video only or audio, too?

SCART supports various video interfaces, which one do you want to use?

Klaus

A far better alternative would be to buy a Raspberry Pi, the cost is almost the same and you get a more modern HDMI connection for A/V as well as composite and audio, an Ethernet port, USB for keyboard/mouse/memory/expansion, Camera interface, more IO pins and certainly FAR more speed.
As they use Linux there is a huge range of software available too, including BASIC and C.

I appreciate it is a display you are looking for but I would question whether it is worth investing in one to match old technology when more versatile ones are available and more future proof.

Brian.

Reactions: neazoi

neazoi

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
A far better alternative would be to buy a Raspberry Pi, the cost is almost the same and you get a more modern HDMI connection for A/V as well as composite and audio, an Ethernet port, USB for keyboard/mouse/memory/expansion, Camera interface, more IO pins and certainly FAR more speed.
As they use Linux there is a huge range of software available too, including BASIC and C.

I appreciate it is a display you are looking for but I would question whether it is worth investing in one to match old technology when more versatile ones are available and more future proof.

Brian.

I understand why you say this, ok.
However, it is a hobbyist one chip computer, based on a general purpose MCU and an ingenious firmware written in assembly. No way you can compare this to a Raspberry. You compare a thing which is made to emulate a micro of the 80s with a modern embedded system with OS. And it is a computer you can build yourself from scratch (well, if an MCU IC is considered a scratch thing anyway). That last bit is probably the biggest difference, which sets apart the two systems.
So yeah, different system, different ideas.

I have built this **broken link removed** of course, but the scart is better in quality.
Now I am using it with a 15" crt but I thought it would be better, for X-ray radiation issues to have an LCD instead of sitting in front and close to the CRT.

Well I could alter a modern low-size LCD of course and built this adapter inside it, but I thought if there was already a scart LCD of that sizes on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back