Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Question about RL RC natural response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herion

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey can you guys help me with a question ? I can't find the answer to Here is the question:
question.png
Thanks already

Homework ?

Normally forums help those that take a stab at the problem first.

Regards, Dana.

Hi,

Look at RC charging and discharging constants and voltage and current behaviour when C charges and discharges; and quick review of series/parallel circuit information, current is shared proportionately in parallel is all I know. C will discharge (much) slower than it charges due to 10k charging path and 240k ll 60k discharging path, I think.

In my ignorance, I'd like to know how to calculate Vc and Vo when info. provided only says t = equal to or greater than 0... - Is that tau, 0.5 tau, 5 tau, or an arbitrary choice in us by the student? Were you given a time in seconds that is t = > 0 anywhere else?

you need to understand the circuit and the symbols therein

what happens at t = 0?

to solve the problem, you need to consider the circuit before whatever happens at t = 0 happens
re-draw the circuit for before t= 0
what is the voltage across the capacitor before t = 0?
what is the current in 60 kohm resistor before t = 0?

and you need to consider the circuit immediately after t = 0
re-draw the circuit for t > 0
what does t = 0+ mean?
what is the voltage across the capacitor at t = 0+ ?
what is the current in 60 kohm resistor at t = 0+ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back