Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

looking for a local supply in southern california

Status
Not open for further replies.

agmoadeeb

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am looking for a supplier for 12V 1A power supply adapter. I am using them for LED light strips. Is there anywhere in the US that manufactures these and or supplies this type of an item. I am looking to buy 5000-10000 in the next 6 months and need 125 pieces to start testing. Any ideas?

I am looking for a supplier for 12V 1A power supply adapter. I am using them for LED light strips. Is there anywhere in the US that manufactures these and or supplies this type of an item. I am looking to buy 5000-10000 in the next 6 months and need 125 pieces to start testing. Any ideas?

Use the power of your mighty internet browser. Try searching for "power supplies". You'll be AMAZED!!!

I appreciate your sarcasm but I have tried that and have found many suppliers but I am attempting to buy Made in the USA and avoid waiting 5 weeks to get my products delivered.

I've purchased power adapters from discount mail-order suppliers such as All Electronics. Some as low as 99 cents (decades ago). Assorted brands. Surplus from abundant sources. Most appear new.

Hi,

I appreciate your sarcasm but I have tried that
Please notice that the forum members are spread all over the world with different experience, different ethnics and different ways of working.
You must not expect that anybody knows what you have done so far unless you write it.

Klaus

12v 1A....
You mean this kind of thing?
**broken link removed**

- - - Updated - - -

In the UK, we have a company called stontronics who order the kind of thing you want from china. Because they have a close relationship with the Chinese suppliers, then the theory is that its safe for you to order in big quantities and be reasonably sure of decent quality....and yet still have a decent low price
Don’t you have a “stontronics” equivalent in USA?

- - - Updated - - -

If you want something “designed and made in USA”…then your problem, will be “how do you know it really was “designed and made in USA”?
There are many “power supply design consultancies” in the west, that are simply token consultancies…they design and make the bare minimum of products themselves…..to make them appear to be a western designer/manufacturer…but most of their stock comes imported in from china…..but they make out that ALL of their stock is “designed and made in USA”

- - - Updated - - -

What about this one?
https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/tri-mag-llc/L6R12-120/364-1268-ND/7682631

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to see a range from which you can do the selection yourself...then go to digikey.com...and paste this term into the search window....

AC DC Desktop, Wall Adapters

Then you can pick yourself and see how many of each are in stock etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

Alternately, if you really want “desigfned and made in USA”, then get an American to design one for you using say a power integrations topswitch or something.

Or…if nobody in USA wants to do it for you…then ill come over and do it if you want.?
Ill design it responsibly so it doesn’t fail prematurely.
I could do you one with no electrolytic capacitors so it lasts a long time.
I could incorporate enough inrush current limiting so it lasted long.
I could make it have very low standby power.
Also, give it enough transient protection so that it didnt fail early.
I would need some payment, but I would probably be cheaper than anyone else you can get.
If you have your own design, then you can get it made whenever you want to.
Having said this, I find it hard to believe that you wont go with a “strontronics” type supplier

- - - Updated - - -

Just checking, i dont know if you realise, but what you are asking for...is pretty much known in the power supply industry to be a product almost exclusively designed and made in china...due to cost.
Standard power supplies like 12v 1a off the mains are now pretty much dominated by the chinese.
Im not saying thats how it should be, but thats how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back