Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Antenna arrays switching

Status
Not open for further replies.

guytoub

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello ,
I have a question regarding the communication of patch antennas using pin diode.
I have an antenna network in which I would like to be able to switch the antennas using pin diodes. when the diodes are closed everything works well, on the other hand when they are open I have problems to adapt the network. do you have any documents concerning the switching of network antennas or any ideas on how to do it please?

thanks Vfon for your help .
I realized that I had not been clear enough in my remarks.
my goal being to increase the gain of my network by switching or not the antennas forming my network. is it possible ? if you want a diagram I can make one for you. Thank you for your help

Yes, a diagram would be helpful...

Antenna array.jpg

hi Vfone , here a schematic for explain my idea ! let me know if it's good explain.

I understand now how your circuit looks.
Seems that the main issue that you have is the isolation of the switches. But not only. I think you have also to terminate somehow (or short to the ground) the side of the open switch. Fig.1 from the link below shows what to do.
https://www.digikey.com/en/articles/rf-switches-simplify-multi-antenna-systems

Pin diodes switches reach better isolation if they use λ/4 stub segments, but using them in an antenna array is a bit complicated due to phase shift introduced.

The last option you can try to increase the switch isolation is to add another PIN diode in series with the existing one. Don't expect double of isolation in dB, but up to about 6dB extra, you can get. Worth to try.

Last but not least, to get maximum isolation from a PIN diode switch working at high frequencies, is the diode bias design, where the components parasitics play a very important role.

thanks Vfone,

i going to try this .

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back